10/2/10

Review :Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins






Cover:
Plot: 
Characters: 
Writing: 
Ending:

Details from Goodreads:

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.


REVIEW:

As always, Suzanne Collins' luminously imagination and masterfully writing drives the book UTTERLY MESMERIZING and INSANELY ADDICTIVE.

I'm grateful that after I finished reading this I already have the third book, because the cliffhanger at the end of this book totally kills me. Ive been breathless by the time I got to the end of CATCHING FIRE.
The district 12? WHAT?...

This second installment of HG surely exceeded my expectation (Clearly some series books didn't maint ...more As always, Suzanne Collins' luminously imagination and masterfully writing drives the book UTTERLY MESMERIZING and INSANELY ADDICTIVE.

I'm grateful that after I finished reading this I already have the third book, because the cliffhanger at the end of this book totally kills me. Ive been breathless by the time I got to the end of CATCHING FIRE.
The district 12? WHAT?...

This second installment of HG surely exceeded my expectation (Clearly some series books didn't maintain readers feeling, especially me, toward it). The addition and lost of some characters and chaos that happened to Panem surely drawn me between the pages. I find myself breathless, grieve of lost and somewhat hopeful like I'm one of the characters.
Collins has concentrated a greater amount of time building up to the frightening, bloody battles in the arena. Several characters are also more fleshed out (Haymitch, Gale, Peeta, her mother). Katniss has become a narrator with deeper insights and even greater pain. The Capitol does not just torture in a physical way; their mind games are gut-wrenching, soul-killing ploys. In CATCHING FIRE, Katniss faces the betrayal of someone she has learned to trust with her life. The ultimate destruction is one even the reader cannot imagine.

This is definitely a masterful journey of terror, love and loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books