10/2/10

Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


Published August 24th 2010

Cover:
Plot: 
Characters: 
Writing: 
Ending:

Details from Goodreads:

"My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead."

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans -- except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay -- no matter what the personal cost.


REVIEW:

Mixed emotion I felt toward this book.

Oh, lets get this straight. I kind of hate/love this. The book is amazing- pack with adventure, action, emotion, and all but when I reach few last pages I felt my whole heart shattered. I mean, I have a lot of expectation in this last book of HG but almost all my thoughts that what will happened to the book didn't happened. Don't get me wrong, I still love Suzanne Collins and her writing style (THG really is mesmerizing and highly addictive). but there's so much going in this book that its like by the end of the pages the ending seemed abrupt.

Yep, I want Katniss and Peeta together, but nothing like that. Its not just that. I dont even like the Finnick's death, Cinnas, and Prims, Haymatch's back to being drunk (and what will happened to him?), and Gales disappearing act- he didn't even say something or say goodbye speech with Katniss. Ugh! this book leave many things unsaid and.. and almost all the characters I loved didn't get a happy ending. Wtf?

Mockingjay really disappointed me to the core. But I think Suzanne Collins leave this series like that for good. what? Anyway, its a great book, its so great that you might want to trow the book to the fire, go to your bed and wrap your arms in your legs in petrified. (I just want my feelings toward this book to go away.)

I want it give this 2 stars but I think its unfair because I love the writing, almost everything happened in this book except the last part is I also loved, and the song "The Hanging Tree" that I keep playing in my audiobook is great. So, 4 stars for this.

I'll just keep my eyes on the upcoming movie of this series. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books