10/25/10

Review: Radiance by Alyson Noel

by Alyson Noel

Published August 31st 2010
characters
Riley Bloom, Bodhi, Buttercup


Cover:
Plot: 
Characters: 
Writing: 
Ending:


Details from Goodreads:
Riley Bloom left her sister, Ever, in the world of the living and crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. Riley and her dog, Buttercup, have been reunited with her parents and are just settling into a nice, relaxing death when she's summoned before The Council. They let her in on a secret—the afterlife isn't just an eternity of leisure; Riley has to work. She's been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a curious boy she can't quite figure out.

Riley, Bodhi, and Buttercup return to earth for her first assignment, a Radiant Boy who's been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But he's never met Riley...


REVIEW:

At last I'm done with this book. God! It took me so long to finish this. I actually postponed reading this book because I got bored. Don't get me wrong, I really love the story when on - i mean i enjoy it and Riley with her humor but this book really not suck me in or something.
I gonna tell you what I fell about this. The story really is in slow pace for me. It actually took half the book to finished explaining things or things got interesting. And after that it got fast pace from the middle to last. (it took me two weeks or more in the first half and just a night in the other- so you get the idea!)
The cover is great and I love the first series of immortals so when I got this I'm so excited to read it.

The details I read are interesting and I thought that there might be some characters from Immortals except her parents and buttercup the dog of course, that will appear or Riley might just go to her sister's place and visit her or something.

Ugh! Simone's right, sometimes having expectation are not good because if you have it might disappoint you in the end.

Here's my complains:
-the characters are sort of dull for me. Except Riley and.. Bodhi? i think.
-slow read
-even if I finished the book I feel like there's more and that its like there's nothing happened at all.

Overall, just a quick read (for tween) with too many loose ends that tying them up in the next book.

Even thought Its kind of enjoying I dont think ill read the next series of this. Oh by I more liked Meg Cabots way which is The Mediator- of sending ghost to other dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books