12/25/10

Review: Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger Book 1) by V.C. Andrews

Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger #1)
by V.C. Andrews

Paperback
Published November 15th 1979 by Pocket Books
characters: Cathy, Chris, Cory, Carrie, Corinne, Olivia


Cover:
Plot: 
Characters: 
Writing: 
Ending:

Details from Goodreads:


It was a case of tender, loving murder.

The four children had perfect lives. They lived in a golden family filled with happiness. But their father dies suddenly, their mother throws themselves on the mercy of her parents - who had disowned her long ago.

Their mother promised they would stay only long enough to inherit the fortune. But gradually she forgot how much she adored her family. Kept hidden in the airless attic, the children now lived alone except for fleeting visits from their mother. Visits that became increasing infrequent... and increasily deadly...

Flowers in the Attic: the compelling story of a family's betrayal and heartbreak, love and revenge.


REVIEW:

A whole new world was opened to me with this book; its shockingly disturbing, awesomely trashy and completly madness with all the incest.

The whole incest topic caught my attention because I've never read a book that dealt with incest before. And as a teenager, its sort of overwhelming with the subject matter- the incest, child murder by there dearest mother, emotional abuse- that is so appalling.
The plot itself is really amazing but the book isnt well written.
This book made me feel literally sick to my stomach at times and, yet, I couldn't get enough! I loved every minute of it. There really isn't much that is redeeming about this book and it may have warped my sexuality in ways I'll never understand, but I have a soft spot for it.

All in all I enjoyed the book, the four children drove me up the wall. And now I cant wait what will happened to them, now that they are facing the outside world after locked up in a room for almost 4 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books