5/10/11

Review: Invincible (Chronicles of Nick Book 2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Cover: 
Plot: 
Characters: 
Writing: 
Ending: 

Details from Goodreads:

Nick Gautier’s day just keeps getting better and better. Yeah, he survived the zombie attacks, only to wake up and find himself enslaved to a world of shapeshifters and demons out to claim his soul.

His new principal thinks he’s even more of a hoodlum than the last one, his coach is trying to recruit him to things he can’t even mention and the girl he’s not seeing, but is, has secrets that terrify him.

But more than that, he’s being groomed by the darkest of powers and if he doesn’t learn how to raise the dead by the end of the week, he will become one of them...


REVIEW:

Harry Potter meets the dark side minus the glasses and wand plus the "Fangs". lol

They say when you’re about to die, you see your entire life flash before your eyes.
.....They lied.



Lets see. how will I start this review. First, let me tell you that when I first read the Infinity I didn't know that its a spin off of the Dark Hunter series. Which I also just discovered that it had 20 books. Plus theres other spin off of the spin off of the book! How lovely!
I might hit 40s before I finish reading them all.

Im really tempted to read the series. The lack of details is killing me. But Im overwhelm by the fact that the series is so huge. So Im really dont know what will I do. Surely, Sherrilyn Kenyon’s writing style is extremely AMAZING. That she made me want to know more about the characters, to be attached with like theres a mighty bond in her books that you cant take your hand off it. *sigh!

Well, the whole book is different to other YA paranormal books, I guess because its started as adult book. The Chronicles of Nick is in between them. Almost all YA paranormal books need what? some sweet lover that will alway be in your side and conquers all.. blah blah blah... this series didn't need that [maybe a little] but it focus more on how to learn Nick's powers in good way and keep his humanity. He's self-deprecating character and wittiness really charm me from the beginning. And I wonder a lot what is Nick like in Dark Hunter series. [more points for reading the book!]

Oh you wonder why did I say its like Harry Potter?
lets break it down shall we?

-the constant target by bullies, self-deprecating characters
-the hidden powers in their souls
-the boy with a destiny that they didn't understand
-Harry was known in the whole wizard community while Nick is known in whole demon community. They are famous!
-theres always one person or more who wants to kill them in every book. lol

Over all this book is simply SUPERB and ADDICTED. Well written, the sarcasm in the book, which makes the reading more entertaining. And likable characters [esp. Simi] What more is better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books