5/31/11

Review: Paper Towns by John Green

by John Green

eBook, 320 pages
Published October 4th 2008

Cover: 
Plot: 
Characters: 
Writing: 
Ending: 

Details from Goodreads:

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life - dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows.
After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues - and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.

Printz medalist John Green returns with the brilliant wit and searing emotional honesty that have inspired a new generation of listeners.

REVIEW:


Yes! Pure Genius I say! Yess! YESSS!!! ❥



Warning:
Paper town is kind of hard to review and I know my review will not justify the book's awesomeness.

[Dot...dot...dot]

I really don’t know what to say. I-love-John-Green's-natural-balance-of-wit-and-philosophy. I-think-this-book-has-one-of-the-best-perspectives-I've-EVER-read-on-the-walls-that-make-you-feel-alone-in-a-room-full-of-people. I... I...I’m completely speechless!


Who will ever thought a story about an average albeit nerdy teenage guy falls in love with a drop dead gorgeous girl and inadvertently, changes the way he look at things forever. Seems like that are John Green's works right?
From the Looking for Alaska to Paper Towns well it sound like that’s the backbone's storyline of both books. Also I agree with the Manic Pixie Dream Girl they describe for Margo. And she really is one.

The book is divided into three sections: The Strings, the Grass and the Vessel. Well at first I didn't pay much attention to that until I see that meaning underneath it. The Margo’s strings, Whitman’s grass, Quentin's cracked vessel. Each philosophy of life in it. It is essential to the build-up of the book's story. Again, genius isn’t it?

Like in this book I certainly believe that all of life is made of these layers – reality layered with our expectations, dreams, and obsessions. Our perceptions colour the world we see. We choose what we see. And so does Quentin, Margo, Radar and the other John Green's fascinating, quirky, three dimensional characters [that I couldn’t get enough.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books