5/24/11

Review: A Stranger in the Mirror by Sidney Sheldon

by Sidney Sheldon

Paperback, 288 pages
Published October 9th 1995


Cover: 
Plot: 
Characters: 
Writing: 
Ending: 

Details from Goodreads:


Toby Temple is a superstar, the world's funniest man. He gets any woman that he wants, but under the superstar image is a lonely man. Jill Castle is a sensuous starlet. She has a dark and mysterious past and has an ambition even greater than Toby's. Together they rule Hollywood.


REVIEW:

I didn’t quiet remember what I liked with this book except that I cried to the uber tragedy romantic ending scene.

Yeah! Well I’m just 12 when I read it. And you probably are wondering why I read this kind of book at that early age.

So I’ll give you the short version of why this book landed in my hand at the age of 12:

Me: we have book report in English. Do you have novel books?

Uncle: none. I’ll just get you one from my friend

Me: Okay.

[After few hours.]

Uncle: here. [Gave me the book] it’s the only book that I got.

Me: thanks.

There you go. Back then I’m not yet aware with the uh! ah! But thanks to this my wide eyes became wider. LOL

Why I liked it:

Pity with the girl.
Sweet revenge
I cry
And cry
And cry...

Why I didn’t:
I’m now afraid going Hollywood. Kidding. LOL
TOO vulgar
Never liked the other characters except Toby and Jill.
Not recommended to 14 below. [Rocks landing to my direction.....bang!]

[They said that this is typical Sheldon's work so this might be the first and last book Ill read by him.]

Just stick with what I felt with last six years.
But If I reread this I’ll probably will not have the same rate that I give it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books