6/19/11

Divergent 2nd Book Title

Post from Veronica Roth blog about her 2nd book:

I've been sitting on this one for a long time. Months ago I proposed a book two title idea to the people over at the HC, and they liked it, but I've found (and they've found, I'm sure) that it's good to ruminate over things for awhile before you make a decision.

I am happy to say that this particular idea held up as the months went on. So, without further adieu, I shall post it.

...

....

.....

......

.......

......

.....

....

...

..

.

AND THE TITLE OF THE DIVERGENT SEQUEL IS...



INSURGENT!

This post really wouldn't be complete without a dictionary definition, so here it is:


INSURGENT. Origin:
1755–65; < Latin insurgent- (stem of insurgēns ) present participle of insurgere: to get up, ascend, rebel.


1. a person who rises in forcible opposition to lawful authority, especially a person who engages in armed resistance to a government or to the execution of its laws; rebel.
2. a member of a section of a political party that revolts against the methods or policies of the party.
3. one that acts contrary to the established leadership (as of a political party, union, or corporation) or its decisions and policies
4. (international law) a person or group that rises in revolt against an established government or authority but whose conduct does not amount to belligerency

Not all of those definitions are equally applicable to the book-- some are more spot-on than others. But I won't tell you which ones yet.

Now all I have to do is finish! Back to the writing cave!


Now my friends if you haven't read Divergent yet well turn that darn screen and run the hell out of your house and buy that freaking book and READ IT! NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books