3/11/12

Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence (Hush,Hush Book 3)
by Becca Fitzpatrick

October 4th 2011
by Simon & Schuster

Cover: 
Plot: 
Characters: 
Writing: 
Ending: 

Details from Goodreads:

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.


REVIEW:

What could possibly be better than more Patch? How about falling in love with him all over again?

There’s something in this series that even if it’s not that good it keeps me coming back for more. Maybe it’s the fast pace and the easy read or its just Patch and their messed up relationship. Either of them, it is still entertaining.

"Silence" reminded me what I like about this series. While I wasn't as lost as Nora, I loved rediscovering this reality along with her. As her memory returned in fragments and flashes - so did mine! Believe me, at first I’m at total lost. I have to reread the last chapters of "Crescendo" because I can’t freaking remember anything happened in that book except that I enjoyed reading it but I don’t know why.

Maybe it’s a bit harsh but Fitzpatrick has found a way to tamper all the flaws of this book by making it as a page turner. It’s not that bad but honestly if you look at the big picture, you’ll just see a girl rediscovering the entire thing that we, the readers already know- the protagonist get amnesia so the author can rewind and restart the whole thing. A brilliant idea eh? More books for the series and more paycheck for the author. A bit of pointless for readers maybe but still, brilliant idea.

Good thing I didn’t expect much in this series because if I did Ill ended up not liking this third book.
Overall, like I said entertaining but no improvement.

PS. Ms Fitzpatrick, you’re a great author. I really enjoy reading Hush, Hush. But please, please don’t make this “the” another "Immortals Series" which I ended up cursing the book to hell. Think the possibilities of the world building you created.

My Conclusion:
Teenage hormone keeps me coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books