9/13/10

Review: Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles


by Simone Elkeles 

Paperback, 324 pages, Published April 27th 2010
Read - Sept 06 10

characters Carlos Fuentes, Kiara Westford

Cover:  (I like more the 1st book)
Plot: 
Characters: 
Writing: 
Ending: 


Detail from Goodreads
When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.


REVIEW:


Breathtaking, red-hot-romantic love story with superb rocking twist and turns!
    Rules of Attraction, like Perfect Chemistry, is another story in opposites attract. I didn't think I was going to like this book as much as Perfect Chemistry, in a been there, done that, kind of way. And I didn't think that Carlos would be able to live up to Alex.
I was very wrong. This book was so well written, and enthralling, I could not put it down. I finished it in a day. The characters are so real, and I found myself drawn as much, if not more, to Carlos, as I was Alex. I found myself really rooting for him and hoping that things were going to work out for him. Carlos was hard core on the outside, but on the inside, he was insecure and felt that he didn't deserve, or was good enough, for everything he was getting, including Kiara.
Simone Elkeles is an amazing writer. She brings so much life, and truth, into her characters and stories, that I can't help but become sucked into the story, at the expense of everything else around me.

I actually read this book with only one music the whole time- the Perfect Chemistry by Nevertheless, I also start listening to it when I start reading PC. This music really fits to the story and for me It gives more amazing impact to the book. :)

And now Im super exited to the third book of PC. I keep wondering If there will be three Fuentes brothers join forceb by one big gang trouble. Like the Three Muskeetters!!! haha. I hope all the characters from the start of perfect chemistry are all in there. :)

"La cucaracha, La cucaracha, Ya no puede caminar, porque no tiene, porque le falta, I don't know the rest, la la la la!"
hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books