10/20/10

Top Ten of the Year... So Far (part 1)

For some reason I loved Must Love Books idea to post their Top Ten Favorite Books of the Year. So, I decided to do one too! I changed mine a tiny bit though and it is my "Top Ten of the Year... So far", because I know it'll change before the end of this year. So, I will do another one come late December or early January.
The list is in no particular order

 Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (series)


A Romeo and Juliet urban twist!
When I first saw this book I immediately buy this and start reading it. And I finished it in only one night! this book devoured me!
One of the most amazing story I read this year..
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (series)


Nothing is better than a "gorgeous" angel to fall in love with (even if his wings have fallen off).
The best comparison for this book is Twilight, just without the vampires. What you have here are all of the essential elements for a good YA Fiction Mystery/Paranormal novel.

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler (series)


I absolutaly love this book. I could not put it down once I began reading it. It is not only a teen romance novel but it is also a mystery. It is full of twists that will make you never want to put it down. The book sucked me in and also made me cry a lot...
 Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


This book had a huge affect on me in a way that not many books do.
I guess when it comes down to it, this was perhaps one of the most honest books I have read in a while. And while the story was emotional hard to read at times, the writing and the plot were so beautiful that it was well worth it.

 Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors


A heavenly novel I'll never forget! I dont know what I like about this one, I think its the angel but angels here are different that other I read. And the story really is interesting.
Coffeehouse Angel is a lovely read. As good as a heavenly cup of coffee!

 Grave Doubts & Heaven Sent by Meg Cabot (series)


A kick ass ghost-mediator love story.
Its actually the two last books of Mediator that I most liked in the series. Not so romantic but a lot of ghost busting.

 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (series)


As many of you say- An Amazing BOOK! I only read HP this year and even though I watch the movie I still love the book. WHAT? haha
I love this book!





A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks


One of the story that I cry a lot while reading.
What more to say? hhmm I more like the book that the movie of this. Very sad story but a perfect ending, for me.


 The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (series)



A real page-turner.
The uniqueness concept of this book plus the awesome writing style of the author gives a wonderful effect to the readers.
This is one of those books that just leaves you so amazed and perplexed.
The Hunger Games is one of the GREATEST books I have ever read.


Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma


Forbidden is an amazingly compelling and often fast paced read.

This was a definite emotional roller coaster. A mind tripping BOOK.
Harsh, beautiful, inspiring and utterly heart-breaking.
This book will definitely  imprint in your mind! Just read it. Totally worth money and time!!!




Most of these books I have reviewed. There are so many books that I wanted to put on this list and picking ten was harder than I thought...
I want to also 'note' that when I mention a book in a series I tend to mean the whole series is a favorite (unless stated otherwise).

Do you have any books you would like to recommend? Or any comments about the books I've mentioned? Let me know below in the comments OR make your own 'top ten'! I would love to see what you put.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books