1/28/12

Cover Alert: Divergent by Veronica Roth (UK Cover)

(click for larger view)

A new U.K. cover for Divergent has been unveiled, via Veronica Roth's blog, and here's what she had to say about it.
So, yes: Divergent is a book that is accurately represented by a bold fiery symbol and a skyline and a gathering storm. But it is also about a girl who is somewhat isolated, in character if not literally, who marks herself with the figurative representation of one of her worst fears (the birds). This design emphasizes something different about the story, which I loved seeing.
Other things I like: you can't see the girl's face, so you still get to imagine her, yet she looks sort of scrappy like Tris is. And the birds! Of course I love the birds. And the color is eye-catching.

Super cool covers! For me, still prefer the old one, with the symbols and all, but this new covers are really eye catching and is good for marketing. lol What do you think guys?

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad I read it. It was beyond amazing. At first it seemed really similar to The Hunger Games, but it is different and in a good way. I must say The Hunger Games was my favorite book, but this book is now my #1 choice. I love the plot and there is romance (which makes the book 10 times better!!). I promise you will not want to put this book down! I'm so happy I read it but now I must wait for the next book which comes out next year :( Hopefully it's worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books