4/2/12

Review: The Last Airbender: The Promise Part 1

by Gene Luen Yang

ARC form Netgalley

Cover: 
Plot: 
Characters: 
Writing: 
Ending: 

Details from Goodreads:

The wait is over! Ever since the conclusion of Avatar: The Last Airbender, its millions of fans have been hungry for more--and it's finally here!

This series of digests rejoins Aang and friends for exciting new adventures, beginning with a faceoff against the Fire Nation that threatens to throw the world into another war, testing all of Aang's powers and ingenuity!

* The continuation of Airbender and the link to its upcoming sequel, Legend of Korra!

* Written by Gene Yang, author of the National Book Award-nominated American Born Chinese.


REVIEW:



Did I tell you that Im a blue blood fan of Avatar? From the TV series to comics and PSP games. I even finished the game for only 3 days!

My obsession to avatar started all because of my lovely cousins whose ages are 12, 9 and 7. I think Im watching something at HBO when the three of them start chanting like mad dogs, grab the remote and change the channel to nickelodeon. At first Im kind of irritated because every single day they are like that. They even made me join their lame game and they called me 'appa', a big freaking flying bison. lovely eh? But as I watched with them every day my disgust grew to liked and obsession. Well, not that I-cant-live obsessed more like im-addicted kind of obsessed.

As much I wanted to finish the series, I only watched the book one to two and partial of the third. So when I saw this at netgalley, thinking that its the last. I requested and immediately read it.
The premise of this graphic novel is bringing peace to the Four Nation after the war. Which is not as simple as winning a battle. As much as its bloody short and cliffhanger I really enjoyed it even the small scene. And the sweetie part? Sorry Aang and Katara it is really oogie.

Excited for the second part though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!


books
I Love YA Romance Books